The IIT JEE
Every year, the IITs conduct a Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) to select candidates for the 4-year B.Tech, B.Pharm, 5-year B.Arch, Integrated M.Sc. and M.Tech courses.
Pattern of the IIT JEE
At present, the IIT JEE is a single – stage objective type examination consisting of two papers of three hours duration each to test comprehension & analytical ability of candidates. Both papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2 will each have three separate sections on Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
All questions will be of Objective Type, designed to test aptitude, comprehension and analytical ability of the candidates.
JEE preparation is incomplete without knowing the syllabus. JEE Syllabus involves topics from Class 11 and Class 12. JEE Syllabus are mapped according to NCERT textbooks to ensure uniformity and standard across the country.
JEE Advanced Syllabus
JEE Advance Syllabus is similar to that of JEE Mains Syllabus with slight changes. The weightage given for each unit or chapter changes for JEE Mains or JEE Advanced.
JEE Advanced Syllabus – Physics
|3||Electricity and magnetism|
JEE Advanced Syllabus – Chemistry
JEE Advanced Syllabus – Mathematics
|2||Logarithms and their properties|
New selection Process of IIT
• One entrance exam for admission to IITs, NITs and IIITs
• The new JEE will consist of 2 Tests viz.
a) Main Test and
b) Advanced Test
This will test problem solving ability in basic science subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
• Time Duration: Both Tests will be of 3 hours duration each.
• Only the Top 1,50,000 candidates (including all categories) based on performance in JEE (Mains) will qualify to appear in the JEE (Advanced) examination, which will rank candidates for admissions to IITs, provided the candidates are among the top 20% high scorers of their respective boards in class XII examination.
Eligibility for the IIT JEE
• Education Qualification: Candidates appearing in (10+2) or equivalent qualifying examination, must secure at least 60% (55% for SC/ST and PD) marks in aggregate in their respective Board Examination.
• Attempts: A student can have only two attempts to write the JEE in the year in which he or she passes the XIIth standard examination and/or in the following year.
• Candidates who join any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi, and ISM, Dhanbad through JEE will not be permitted to appear for JEE in future
|Top Ten Engineering Colleges in India|
|Rank||Name of The College||Address||Phone No||College Website|
|1||Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)||Nankari, Kanpur||0512-2597578/ 2597678/2597385/2597178||http://iitk.ac.in|
|2||Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)||Hauz Khas, Delhi||011-26591770/26591791||http://iitd.ac.in|
|3||Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)||Kharagpur||03222-255303/913222282232/913222283827||http://iitkgp.ac.in|
|4||Indian Institute of Technology||Roorkee||01332-285714/ 285270/285209/285907||http://iitr.ac.in|
|5||Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)||44/A, G S TRoad, Guindy, Chennai||044-22578131/914422578030/22578060||http://iitm.ac.in|
|6||Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences(BITS, Pilani)||Vidya Vihar||0159-6242013/6242211||http://bits-pilani.ac.in|
|7||Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University (IT, BHU)||Varanasi||0542-6702024||http://itbhu.ac.in|
|8||Vellore Institute of Technology(VIT)||Katpadi, Vellore||0416-2243100/ 2243091||http://vit.ac.in|
|9||Delhi Technological University||Bawana Road, Near Sector-7, Shahbad Daulatpur, Delhi-110042, delhi||011-27871018/ 27871042/27871023||http://dce.ac.in|
|10||Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)||Amingaon,North Guwahati||0361-2582006/2583000/09864033979||http://iitg.ernet.in|
Study Secrets for Smart Students
Every student wishes to score the highest and in this day and age of neck to neck competition; it is not only important to work hard but also to study smart.
Ever wondered why some students study so little and just before the examinations and still score as much as you as or more than you?
It’s not mere luck, and there is much more to it, than what meets the eye!
They study smartly, and they utilize every ounce of their effort wisely.
There are three secrets to smart studying:
• One can only be more productive if you utilize your time effectively.
• This can happen only when you understand your capabilities and set realistic targets for yourself.
• You have to make an effective strategy to remember and revise everything faster and better than others. Only then, can you utilize your efforts to the fullest.
• Make sure you have a plan for the smart study. Instead of mugging up try understanding the concepts.
• If you fail to remember formulas, derive to remember it.
• Before solving a thousand questions of similar kind, solve the ones from past year papers.
Use Adaptive study techniques to save time and prepare better.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 4
- Assessments Self