About PMT Exam
Your success today means a healthy nation tomorrow. We know what makes you strive so hard to secure admission in a top medical college. We are with you in this mission.
The medical profession is one of the prestigious career options available. It is also a competitive one as so many aspirants sit in the same exam for the same goal. So it becomes necessary to prepare for it with a willing instinct and a clear mind. Selection through various PM / PD Entrance Examinations is a clear indication of the conceptual guidance and thorough revision undergone by the aspirant.
Admissions to the degree programs (such as five year MBBS) are offered by numerous medical institutes. Some of them are
3. AFMC and
4. JIPMER to name a few.
A strong hold over concepts of Physics & Chemistry and an exhaustive knowledge of Zoology and Botany is a pre-requisite to secure a good rank in these examinations.
Some examinations including CBSE PM / PD tests are held in two stages-Screening and Mains. The entrance examinations for all other major medical colleges like AIIMS, DPMT, MAHE, AFMC, CMC Vellore, JIPMER, BHU and other state colleges consist of only multiple choice type questions.
AIPMT is short for All India Pre-Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Exam. CBSE conducts it for admissions of MBBS and BDS seats nationwide as Under Graduate medical exam.
Eligibility for AIPMT
• Candidate should have got 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in Class 12th.
• Candidate should be at least 17 years old and not more than 25 years old as on 31st of December.
• If a candidate is appearing for class 12th exam, can also apply for AIPMT
Syllabus for AIPMT
AIPMT will have both 11th and 12th class syllabus. As the official sources tell, 40% questions will be asked from 11th class and 60% are to be asked from 12th class.
The Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type exam has the following subjects in AIPMT
• There will be 45 questions for each subject.
• Every question will be objective type.
• Each question will be of 4 marks.
Exam Pattern for AIPMT
The exam paper (question booklet) will have total 180 MCQs from Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
There will be questions of total 720 marks.
Important points to look at:
• There will be four sets of the Question Booklet.
• The question paper will be available in English and Hindi language.
• Question will be based on syllabus as prescribed by NCERT.
• The questions will be framed from high school and intermediate (first and second year) syllabus.
• Each question will carry four marks and one mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self